Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dave Franco: Twilight is a Family Tradition For Us!



You're currently in New Mexico filming a remake of 'Fright Night' with Colin Farrell–can you tell us a little bit more about the project?

It's about a kid living next door to a vampire because every movie involves a vampire these days. This one is going to stand apart because it's a comedic horror movie and I don't think anyone's approached that angle with the vampire movies yet. It's an incredible cast: [Colin], Toni Colette, Anton Yelchin, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Really great cast and great director, this guy Craig Gillespie who directed Lars and the Real Girl.

It's been incredible, I play...I keep getting cast as this ass**** bully [Laughs] which is comical to me because I've never been in a fight in my life.

Is this going to be competing against Twilight?

It's definitely a different audience than Twilight. It's a very hard 'R,' very bloody, but it happens to be very funny too.

Have you seen any of the Twilight films?

I have seen Twilight. It's turned into a strange family tradition, we see the movies as a family now. I'm not quite sure why it's turned into a family tradition but...that's just how it is now.