Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kristen Stewart gets mad that strong women are called bitches



The actress is best known for her portrayal of Bella Swan in the Twilight film franchise. She has spoken frequently of how unprepared for fame she was when the first movie came out, as she didn’t expect them to be such a hit.

Kristen often seems uncomfortable in interviews, and has been pictured making obscene gestures at paparazzi when she grows tired of them following her. She knows she can come across as aloof, but thinks no-one would care if a man behaved as she does.

“Being a public figure, I’m supposed to present myself in a certain way, but it’s hard and you’re never going to be able to tell people who you are properly,” she said. “It’s sort of impossible. It’s much easier for a guy to say what he wants and not to be cute and funny all the time, but, if you’re a strong sort of woman, you’re just, for lack of a better word, a bitch.

“But I’ve been really lucky for a long time, and I’ve worked with amazing people, and I just hope that that continues. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have this.”

Kristen doesn’t answer questions about her personal life, including whether she is dating her Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson. The star doesn’t understand why she should have to share all of herself with her fans, explaining she wouldn’t be able to even if she thought it was a good idea. Kristen is still learning what she likes and hates, and deciding on her views about the world.

“I’m asked all the time in interviews about who I am, and I know a few people my age who have a strong sense of self, but I couldn’t say I know myself and sum it up and give it to you in a little package,” she told British newspaper The Daily Telegraph. “I don’t know myself at all yet.”